Monday, November 12, 2012

Remembering The Patriot

In the USA, Veterans Day annually falls on November 11. (November 12 is typically the observed date.) This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States on Veterans Day.  

Veterans Day is intended to honor and thank all military personnel who served the United States in all wars, particularly living veterans. It is marked by parades and church services and in many places the American flag is hung at half mast. A period of silence lasting two minutes may be held at 11am. (Timeanddate.com)

As a Soldier, I have had the opportunity to serve beside many great and honorable men and women. I know what it feels like to return home after serving overseas for a year. I know what it feels like to lose a battle buddy. There are many aspects about wearing this uniform that many people will never understand. It goes beyond providing for our families. There is a strong sense of pride affiliated with serving what is without a doubt the best nation on earth. This pride can not be conveyed in any book or on any television program; it can only be experienced. I believe I speak for all Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen when I say that I am proud to be a part of the U.S. Military! I am proud to carry on the traditions of those patriots who have served before me! And I am proud, above all else, to know that I fight to secure the freedom of my children and grandchildren. God bless America!

"I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot." -Gary Hart



"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." 
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy


Happy Readings,
Casey Sean Harmon aka SGT Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment