Friday, May 23, 2014

U.S. Army, Retired

Today I signed my DD-214. Start terminal leave this Monday (26 May). I will miss many things about the Army, but I'm excited to begin this next phase in my life. Next picture I upload will be of me fishing with a full beard! :) On a serious note, I would like to say to all of my battle buddies that it has been a true pleasure serving with you. I have made many memories over the years--some good, some not so good. But I am confident that I am a better man today because of the decision I made over seven years ago to serve my country. I have no regrets, only that I wish I could have served longer. But like the chaplain says, everything happens for a reason. I love my country, and I love the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen that I got to serve beside. I will miss you all. To my battle buddies who made the ultimate sacrifice, I will never forget, and I will honor you until my grave. Last but not least, I would like to thank my loving family. Behind every good Soldier is an even better spouse. I know first-hand that this is true. As one door closes and another one opens, I am filled with excitement for what the future holds. Thanks for celebrating this day with me. :) Happy Memorial Day weekend!

HOOAH!
Casey S. Harmon 
SGT (ret), U.S. Army

No comments:

Post a Comment